Can Cialis tablet be broken down into pieces in order to avoid planning sex?

Psychiatrist
Question
I take 20 mg Cialis. Would it work to cut in 4 pieces and use for daily doses so I do not have to always plan for sex and then it not happen sometime?
Posted Sat, 1 Mar 2014 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Won't help you much Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for choosing health care magic for posting your query. I have gone through your question in detail and I can understand what you are going through. I see many other patients visiting my clinic with a similar question. Please try to understand that Cialis is Tadalafil and unlike the traditional sildenafil the duration of action of Cialis is 36 hours and that takes care of 2 nights. Hence you may take tadalafil on alternate days as well. The dose may wary from 5 mg to 20 mg. Initially you may take 5 mg (one forth of 20 mg) on alternate day and then gradually increase if you dont get the benefit. Taking it daily will not give you any added benefit. Hope I am able to answer your concerns. If you have any further query, I would be glad to help you. If not, you may close the discussion and if possible you may rate the answer for me, so that I get a good feedback. In future if you wish to contact me directly, you can use the below mentioned link: bit.ly/dr-srikanth-reddy Wish you good health, Kind regards Dr. Srikanth Reddy M.D.