Ask a Urologist   »  

Burning sensation while peeing. What could be the cause?

Hi am 41 years old. It feels I got to go pee but when I go it hurt like burn sensation
Posted Tue, 21 May 2013 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. Sundar Gnanavel 29 hours later
Thanks for your query.Burning sensation on attempt to urinate is an indicator of urinary tract infection. I would suggest you undergo an urine culture and sensitivity test to identify the organism/ pathogen responsible for the same following which you can be appropriately managed with a suitable course of antibiotics. I would also suggest you drink plenty of water Alkali solution can also prescribed for your condition if required. Wish you good health. and early recovery.
Dr Sundar