Burning sensation below rib, ultrasound shows fatty changes in liver. Prescribed Nexpro. Ayurvedic treatment?

Ayurveda Specialist
HI ,
I have burning sensation below my right rib.

Had ultrasound-No gallbllader and mild fatty changes in liver , Liver function test was normal , had endoscopy which came normal .

Doctor gave me 30 day medicine -Nexpro . I exercise 5 day a week (Running almost 3-5 km) .

I am 70Kg,5.11ft , do not smoke or drink .I do not eat spicy food frequently , no soft drinks or any other junk food .

Doctor i visited 2 months told me i had GERD after all test , but this slight burning sensation thing reoccurs .
Plus , i have bloated stomach at night which becomes normal in morning.

Do we have any Ayurveda treatment to remove the root cause for same and are there some home remedies which can help?

Please advice.

Posted Sat, 22 Sep 2012 in Ayurveda
Answered by Dr. Rajesh Lakhanpaul 1 hour later

It is good that all your tests are normal. In Ayurvedic version there are three pillar which govern this body and they are vaat, pit and Kaph. When in normal state they perform bodily functions in a perfect way; but when due to any external or XXXXXXX or psychological reasons any one gets vitiated resulting in its symptoms.

In your case the vitiation is of pit as the symptom is burning. The diagnosis of GERD also shows vitiation of pit and vaat as per ayurveda.

In all such cases we recommend regularity in meal timings and proper meals freshly cooked, avoid refrigerated, culture and fast food. If the problem is acute then even we recommend small meals at small gaps to aid digestion. Proper rest and stress free life is a must. Avoid waking at late night hours. Avoid constipation - any mild laxative can be taken if constipated (for example trifla).

Yes it is totally curable in ayurveda.
- Pitta XXXXXXX Ras, Kamdughdha ras will cure the burning sensation.
- Sy. Livomyn and arogya vardhini vati will take care of fatty liver changes.

Hope this answered your query.

Wish you a perfect health. Let me know if you have other enquiries.

Dr. Rajesh Lakhanpaul
Follow-up: Burning sensation below rib, ultrasound shows fatty changes in liver. Prescribed Nexpro. Ayurvedic treatment? 44 minutes later
Hi Doctor,

Thanks for your reply.

How to take these medication? , like in morning/night , after meal or empty stomach ? etc.

i will purchase them shortly.

Thank You.

Answered by Dr. Rajesh Lakhanpaul 3 hours later

There is no need to take these medicines empty stomach. Sy. Livomyn and arogya vardhini is to be taken one hour after break fast and pitshekhar to be taken one hour after both meals i.e. noon and night. If still the problem is there add kaam dugdha with pitta XXXXXXX ras.

All to be taken with plain water.

Wish you perfect health.