Burning and crawling sensations around anus/rectum. Had testicle pain. Advice

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Dec 2012
Dec 2012

Question
For nearly three months now I have had burning and crawling sensations around my anus/rectum. Also I have had left testicle pain/discomfort. For the last 6 weeks or so I have also had left hip/lower buttocks pain. In addition to these symptoms I have minor discomfort and sensations in my penis. Thoughts on possible cause and whom should I consider seeing other than my primary physician? Urologist, Proctologist, other?
Also any tests you might suggest I look into having? Greatest thanks for your advice and guidance.
Posted Tue, 10 Sep 2013 in Brain and Spine

Answered by Dr. Nsah Bernard 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
you could be suffering from orchyepididymitis

Detailed Answer:
Hello XXXXXXX

Thanks for posting your query on XXXXXXX

I am pleased to be able to assist you.
You might be suffering from chronic orchyepididymitis (infection of the scrotum and spermatic cord) which is usually caused by microbes and the sensation around your anus could be referred sensation due to the pain or might be another infection such as pin worm (which I do doubt if that is the case because of your presentation). You will require some specific tests done notably urine/semen analysis, urethral swap and analysis +/- culture.
The doctor of choice that you should see is a urologist order than your neuropathy. At your age, it will be important to do screening of STDs, prostate disorder etc just in case they are responsible.

Hope this helps and wish you the best.
Dr. Nsah