Bump on underside of breast, black dot in the middle, painful to touch

My wife has a bump on the underside of her breast. It has a black dot in the middle of it that seems to look like it will pop out if we press it hard enough. It is also very painful to the touch.
Posted Thu, 27 Sep 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 47 minutes later
The small bump on the underside of the breast is likely to be due to an infected and blocked gland or folliculitis.
I would suggest you to not to pop it as this can lead to an infection. Keep the area clean. She can apply over the counter antiseptics for a couple of days after bath, to see if the lesion gets any better.
If the bump grows in size with redness and tenderness then it is indicative of infection in which case a systemic antibiotic may be needed.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.