Bump on outer labia, swollen, itching, not been sexually active. Could it be chaffing?

May 2013
I have a small bump on my outer labia. It looks like a swollen pea size bump and itches a little. I have not been sexually active for 10 months and sometimes fight BV. Im also overweight and wonder if it could be chaffing too.
Posted Sat, 29 Sep 2012 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 30 minutes later

the possible causes of your bump are,
-sebaceous cyst: they occur due to blockade of the duct of sebaceous gland, excessive weight can favor this,
-genital warts: these can occur by skin to skin contact also,
-neoplastic conditions: rare

usually bacterial vaginosis will not present like this,
so you better consult gynecologist and get examined to find out the actual type of the lesion and take treatment accordingly.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.