Bruise on my left calf, painful in shoulder blade, had c-section

Ive had a bruise on my left calf that i've had for 2 months now, sometimes it painful to touch, just when i think it's gone it comes back. For the past month i've been experiencing pain around my left shoulder blade, by the end of the night i cant even lift my arm above my shoulder. I went to the chiro but it didnt help.. I did have a c-section on XXXXXXX 19th this year but I havent had any difficulty breathing. not sure whats going on..
Posted Thu, 26 Apr 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Kiran Kumar 1 hour later

You have two major symptoms.
1. Bruise over the left calf since 2 months. Sometimes painful and recurrent.
2. Pain around your left shoulder blade with difficulty in lifting arm above your shoulder since last 1 month.

You had a C section on 19th XXXXXXX 2011. No breathlessness.

Bruising on your left calf can be due multiple causes.
1. Trauma
2. Vascular Blockage of the Leg Veins - XXXXXXX Vein Thrombosis with dilation of superficial channels
3. Coagulopathy - Disorder of clotting pathways
4. Anticoagulant medications

Some times it can idiopathic.

You need to get yourself evaluate for Coagulopathy and DVT. This will include Blood Test for PT - INR, aPTT and Platelets and USG Doppler of Lower Limb Veins

Secondly, Weakness and difficulty in lifting arm over the head can be either due to pain or due to neuromuscular weakness. Its likely due to muscular pain. However, you must rule out a cervical problem.

You must consult your physician in these lines for further evaluation

Hope this answers your query.
Please get back if you need any further information

Thanks and Regards

Dr Kiran