Brown spots on lips

brown spot on lips
Posted Sun, 15 Apr 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Mitaly 44 minutes later

Thanks for posting your query

Brown spots on the lips are most commonly cause by overexposure to sun. The common reasons are nutritional deficiency(of zinc,Vitamin B) and very rarely oral melanoma. If you are overexposed to UV rays then it might be possible that is the reason. I hope you do not smoke.

Some suggestions for you:
1)Apply sunscreen lip balm daily before going outside.
2)Take a zinc containing multivitamin OTC once daily for few months.
3)In one teaspoon of milk cream add a pinch of turmeric powder and massage for 2 minutes.Do it daily before having bath.
4)Mix castor juice and glycerin in equal quantity and add few drops of lemon juice to it.Apply this before going to bed and leave overnight.

Hope I have answered your query.I will be available for follow up if any.