Breast swelling, prescribed Evion. Little pain. Chances of swelling becoming big?

Hi Dr.Shehzad, I noticed some swelling in my left breast and went to my doctor who suggested it might be gyncomastia and needs to be surgically removed. He suggested me Evion 400 for 20 days. I dont see any reduction in the swelling. It is not looking odd yet, but there is a little pain. What are the chance of the swelling becoming big?
I am 30Yrs Male
Posted Mon, 1 Oct 2012 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems
Answered by Dr. Shehzad Topiwala 6 hours later
Evion is not indicated for treating gynecomastia. Endocrinologists are most qualified as physicians to manage this condition. You should see one personally because it entails a thorough evaluation to rule out worrisome causes. There are several reasons for gynecomastia and comprehensive testing is often needed to assess this systematically. In addition to a detailed physical examination, laboratory testing may include: CBC, Liver function tests, electrolytes, kidney function tests, thyroid function tests, prolactin, testosterone, SHBG, FSH, LH, beta hCG, estradiol and others as needed. Some medications can induce gynecomastia as well.

For more information please review WWW.WWWW.WW