Breast soreness, heaviness, cloudy discharge. On mirena iud, no periods. Pregnancy test negative. Pain management?

I am 24 female 5'3 137 lbs. I have had extreme breast soreness and heaviness bilaterally for the past week now. I also have clear to cloudy odorless discharge also bilaterally. I have taken a pregnancy test and it's negative. I have the mirena iud in place for 3 years now with no period since. I am also a smoker. Please help. In pain.
Posted Thu, 12 Apr 2012 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 17 minutes later

Tenderness in breast and discharge from breast can be due to the hormonal imbalance caused in the body. This usually goes away on its own. However other causes also need to be ruled out. If the pregnancy test is negative, then mammary duct ectasia has to be ruled out. It causes one or more of the ducts beneath your nipple to become inflamed and clogged with a thick, sticky substance.

Next possibility is of an underactive thyroid gland, tumor (prolactinoma) or other disorder of the pituitary gland and chronic breast stimulation, such as from frequent breast self-examinations or sexual activity. Last possibility is of intraductal papilloma (less likely). It is a small, usually noncancerous (benign) growth that projects into a milk duct near your nipple.

You should consult a gynecologist and get an examination done. Meanwhile doing hot fomentation will help in relieving pain.

Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have. Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.