Body feels cold, hands turning blue. No pain. Should I be concerned?

My hands started turning blue on friday. They do not hurt and my oxygen saturation levels are over 95. They are cold off an on, however the rest of mybody seems to be cold as i am getting the chills frequently and have trouble getting warm. My hands do turn red when they are put in warm water. Should i be worried about this?
Posted Tue, 24 Apr 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 44 minutes later

Feeling of cold hands with normal oxygen saturation can be suggestive of a vascular insufficiency in the hands or a neurological deficit due to chronic problems like Diabetes or due to functional disorder of the nerves or vitamin B 12 deficiencies.

You need a careful assessment by your physician along with investigations like color Doppler study for arm and hand blood vessels for proper diagnosis and further treatment.

Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.