Blood work of hyaline casts 670/40lpf. What does it indicate?

what does a reading from blood work of hyaline casts 670/40lpf indicate thanks XXXX
Posted Sat, 7 Sep 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Vidya KR 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
May be normal finding.Hyaline casts in lowPowerFie

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXXXXX thanks for using XXXXXXX

I hope the report is from urine analysis instead of blood.

It is telling the sample has hyaline casts when viewed in low power fields. It is normal to find some hyaline casts in urine as this may occur due to increase diuresis or in exercises.

Kindly give me complete information of the report or upload the report in the website along with other findings. This will help us to give more information.

Wish you good health

Follow-up: Blood work of hyaline casts 670/40lpf. What does it indicate? 21 hours later
yes it was from urinalysis my concern is from the result it is 670.00/40LPF the lab range is 0-10 for microscopic exam -hyaline casts is this count something to be worried about all other results seem normal and are listed in whole numbers the result for hyaline casts is as I wrote above 670.00/40LPF can u help me understand this result thanks XXXX
Answered by Dr. Vidya KR 12 hours later
Brief Answer:
Normal finding in dehydration or vigorous exercise

Detailed Answer:

Hyaline casts are formed in nephrons by Tamm-Horsfall mucoprotein secreted from the tubular epithelial cells of individual nephrons. Low urine flow, concentrated urine, or an acidic environment can contribute to the formation of hyaline casts, and, as such, they may be seen in normal individuals in dehydration or vigorous exercise.

Normally 0- 10 casts are seen per LPF and in your case it becomes 6-7 per LPF. Which is normal finding need not to worry.

Hope i have answered your query. wish you a good health.