Blood vessel pop, desolving stitches put in leg, still noticeable. Procedure for removal ?

I had blood vessel pop and had desolving stitches put in my leg and it has been 4 weeks,they are some still there.Category stitches
Posted Sun, 29 Apr 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 24 minutes later
The dissolving stitches that are applied on the skin usually lose their strength by 2 weeks after which these can be removed. Now that four weeks have already passed, only some of the remnants must be remaining sticking to the site of injury. You can remove these by using a cotton dipped in savlon and slight tugging at these.
You can get the wound examined from your physician to see if it has healed properly. You can also get serratiopeptidase or trypsin- chymotrypsin tablets prescribed from him for an early wound healing.
Continue with antibiotics as suggested by your primary care doctor. Application of topical antibiotics such as neosporin will also be useful. You can apply topical cream after cleaning the area with clean water.
Hope this answers your query.I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.