Blood test showed normal liver levels but high bilirubin. Should I be concerned?

Apr 2013

General Surgeon
I just received normal levels on a blood test on my liver. I just had a UA and I get abnormal Biligium +1 results. Should this be a concern.
Posted Thu, 4 Jul 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein 52 minutes later
Hi and welcome to XXXXXXX Thank you for your query.

You probably mean Bilirubin, not "biligium". This is nothing to be concerned especially if you have normal blood bilirubin levels and other liver tests.
This is sometimes found as false poitive result,but also it can indicate that there was temporary biliary duct obstruction. Since this is just +1 then this isnt significant for some liver or kidney disorders and there is no need for any treatment.
I suggest just to repeat urine analysis in 1 month and see will these results be the same. If yes, then you need to do liver and gallbladder ultrasound to check for biliary stones.
Wish you good health. Regards