Blood test report says mild anisopoikilocytosis and predominantly normocyticc. Reason?

Blood test report says mild anisopoikilocytosis, predominantly normocyticc, normo chromic with ovalocytes and macroscytes. I am about 45 years, having excellent health all through. In my current state, I am absolutely normal. This test was done just like that, my wife was getting it done for her thyroid check-up and me ended giving blood sample too. What could be the reason, risks, cure?
Posted Sun, 28 Jul 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 1 hour later
Welcome to healthcare Magic!
You need not worry about this peripheral blood film abnormality.
Some persons have ovalocytes as hereditary trait in the blood which are oval shaped RBCs only.
There is nothing much to worry about it and no much precautions are needed accept that hemoglobin level should be kept above 9gm/dl and when you are sick due to some other illness then inform your doctor that this was the finding in blood film.
I hope the advise would be informative and useful for you.
Take Care!