Blood pressure of 113/94, heart rate of 110. Cause of concern?

My blood pressure is 113/94 and heart rate of 110. 41 year old female, is this a concern?
Posted Thu, 6 Jun 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Sukhvinder Singh 48 minutes later
Dear Ma'm,

A blood pressure of 113/94 mmHg should be repeated. I will not go for a single reading. This reading in itself says that your pulse pressure is low but that may be fallacious observation. Get your BP checked in cool/ calm circumstances without stress and tell me at least 3-5 readings.

Most important point while making a comment on all these is if you have any symptom. like Shortness of breath, chest pain (especially on exercise/ using stairs/ running/ carrying weights)/ swelling feet / bluish discoloration of hands/ feet or transient loss of consciousness? If yes, you must see your cardiologist.

Please provide me the details asked in discussion above and I will throw more light on this.

Feel free to discuss further.

Sukhvinder Singh