Blood clots in nose after long travel, irritation in nostril, blood mucus discharge from nostril. Do not have BP or diabetes

I am currently in Mexico.Generally after long travel , i get blood dots from my nose.This time even after 10 days of travel, there is some irritation in one nostril and almost everyday morning i woke up bloody mucus from one nostril.The other nostril is perfectly fine.I don't have BP / Diabetes
Posted Sat, 29 Sep 2012 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 29 minutes later
Thanks for writing in to Healthcare Magic!
Look inside your nose in a mirror, whether you have a deviated nasal partition.
Normally it is in the center making two equal chambers in nose.
This problem if present is called a Deviated Nasal Septum & needs surgical correction.
Anoyher possibilty may be that you are exposed to dry and dusty situations during travels and your nasal mucosa gets excessively dry.
The solution is three fold- Keep youself well hydrated in any case.
- You can use a face mask to avoid hot & dust exposure.
- Use moisurising creams apllication in the nostrils
(like Boro Plus) especially before going out on travels.
If you have any further query please let me know I would try to answer it for you.
Wish you a great health!