Bloating and twinging sensation on half side of body after finishing period. Cause and cure?

Mar 2013
I've just finished my period and have twinges on the left side, breast to abdomen. Not painful. Still bloated too. This seems to happen more now I'm 35, my periods are every month now too after being irregular for years.
Posted Fri, 15 Mar 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 54 minutes later
Thank you for your query.
At 35 you are no way nearing menopause, so that should not be a reason.
Also, there could be other causes for the pain.
You could be having muscular flutters due to some kind of electrolyte or vitamin deficiency.
Have your complete blood count, renal and liver profile, blood electrolytes, viral markers
Bloating sensation after periods is not common, before periods it's a known phenomenon.
You could be having mild gastro enteritis, and swelling / edema, due to some other factors.
It is better to consult a gynaecologist and have a complete physical check up, and ultrasound of the pelvis and whole abdomen.
Take care and feel free to ask for further clarifications.