Bloated belly after oopherectomy for ovarian cysts. Is this normal?
User rating for this question
I am three weeks post -op for oopherectomy for ovarian cysts. I have a 'swelly belly'. It feels heavy - is this normal?
Posted Wed, 20 Nov 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 39 minutes later
Brief Answer: it is normal and will resolve soon Detailed Answer: Hi XXXX, Welcome to Healthcare Magic. The abdomen may appear distended in immediate period of posts surgical period. Theis is expected and is due to hypotonia in the abdominal muscles. If there is any pain then you must be examined by the operating surgeon. The abdomen will take preoperative levels once you resume full activities. I hope the advise will be helpful for you.
People also viewed
- Ovarian cysts after menopause
- Bloated stomach and ovarian cysts
- Dark skin between buttocks
- After a ruptured ovarian cyst
- Bloated belly after oopherectomy for ovarian cysts is this normal
- Dark rings around wrists
- Pains but no period
- Dark red spots and the flu
- Dark discoloration between thighs diagnosis
- Ovarian cyst after baby
- Dark spots on babys lip
- Strong smelling vaginal odors
- Scar tissue pelvic pain
- Pms pills for moodiness
- Polycystic ovary syndrome pain