Bleeding from vagina after unprotected sex. Is it possible to lose virginity even without insertion?

Excellent

Question

i am 24 year gal, i have never had sex. However recently i was out with my bf and we were doing oral sex and after that we tried more.i was engaged with my bf in sexual activity,and he was wearing his underwear and i was nude, He was rubbing his penis through his underwear on my vagina.he did not insderted his penis in my vagina and neither he took it out from underwear.So we didnt had any direct contact(i.e. nude contact) between vagina and penis.but afterwards we saw that their were blood spots on my bf underwear and afterwards we saw blood coming out from my vagina which continued for almost one day in bits and pieces. So is it possible that i have lost my virginity even without insertion and by just the cock toching my vagina through underwear?
My periods are regular .
Please reply ASAP as i am very worried.
Posted Mon, 21 May 2012 in Menstruation and Miscarriage

Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 52 minutes later
Thanks for writing in.
I understand your concern.
I would like to reassure you that you have not lost your virginity as penetrative sexual intercourse is requires for a woman to lose her virginity. Since this is not possible under the conditions that you have described, I would suggest that you relax and take it easy.
As far as the blood spots are concerned, it was probably due to vigorous rubbing of your vulvar area by the hard penis resulting in local injuries.
You need not worry and just relax.
However, I would suggest that you use a protective barrier like a condom in the future to protect yourself from sexually transmitted diseases and pregnancy.
I hope I have addressed your concerns. I would be available for follow up queries.
Thanks and best of luck.