Ask a Urologist   »  

Bleeding during urination, pain during urination. Want consultation with urinary specialist

Urologist
Question
Hi
I am XXXXXXX. I have problems during urination. Just before releasing the
urine, blood is coming out like a small thick fibre about 1cm.
Sometimes blood is also coming with the urine as a drops at the end of the urine.
I am having pain during urination and also seen blood stains in my underwear also. I want to consult with a urinary specialist.

Currently i am in vacation. Please dont send XXXXXXX to YYYY@YYYY , send it to YYYY@YYYY . Also please call to my mobile no 0000 (chennai).
Posted Fri, 7 Sep 2012 in Urinary and Bladder Problems

Answered by Dr. Dilip Raja 13 hours later
Dear XXXXXX

This can be related to urinary tract infection or stones in the urinary system or even malignancy. There could be much diagnosis but ideally you need to be investigated.

Please get your routine urine examination done. Please also do your x XXXXXXX KUB (Kidney, ureters and baldder) and ultrasonography for KUB region and consult a local urologist. I am sure you can find skilled Urologists in your location.

Do let me know if you have more concerns.

Best regards

Dr Dilip Raja