Bleeding after sex, hanging skin in vagina, causing irritation. What is it?

Question
Hi after having sex recently I bled alot which is very unusual. I hadn't had sex for a while but the only other time I've bled during us when I lost my virginity. Now I have some hanging skin in my vagina- quite thick and almost long enough to hang out of my vagina- this has just appeared- if I squeeze it it doesn't hurt but it is causing irritation and also freaks me out as I don't know what it is.
Posted Thu, 13 Sep 2012 in Vaginal and Uterus Health

Answered by Dr. Monika Choudhary 34 minutes later

Thanks for posting your query here.

The first episode of bleeding was due to hymen rupture (when you lost your virginity). But now excessive bleeding may be because of vaginal tear. The tissue hanging out of the vagina can be the part of torn vaginal mucosa.

As vagina is insensitive to pain, it will not hurt you; but will not resolve by its own.

So I suggest you to consult your gynaecologist for local examination & its removal at the earliest.

I hope your query has been answered. Let me know if you have further concerns.