Bitten by stray cat, took rabies vaccine rabavert. Side effects of encephalitis, meningitis ?

I was recently bitten by a stray cat and I am taking the rabies vaccine. I am terrified about the side effects from the rabies vaccine. Rabavert. I want to know how long do I have to worry about getting these possible serious side effects such as encephilitis, meningitis, etc... I only have 2 more shots left to take.
Posted Wed, 2 May 2012 in Vaccinations
Answered by Dr. Mitaly 11 minutes later

The micro organism which causes rabies is concentrated in saliva and blood of the animal so it is important whether the cat was infected or not.Since you had taken the injection on time it does not seem to be any serious effect.

Regarding the vaccine if it causes side effects it usually shows up within few hours and chances are more within 24 hours.Also one in million report a serious side effect.

Since you are fine be assured and do not take unnecessary stress.
Get the next shots on time.

Hope this answers your query.I will be available for follow up in case of doubt.