Being treated for malaria with capquine. What is the duration of treatment? Can we have oral sex?
User rating for this question
My mate is currently being treated for malaria with capquine and he says some other abx. How long is treatment and can we have sex, more importantly oral sex?
Posted Thu, 12 Dec 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Karanwal 39 minutes later
Brief Answer: Malaria is not transmitted through sex/oral sex Detailed Answer: Hi Ms XXXXXXX Thanks for your query. Malaria is transmitted by two ways only :- * by a bite of an infected mosquito * Transfusion of blood from an infected individual. Therefore, physical contact, normal sex or even oral sex DOES NOT transmit the disease. The treatment with capquine is usually for 10-14 days. Hope I have addressed to your concerns to your complete satisfaction and you find my response helpful and informative. I will be happy to answer further queries, if any. Fond regards and have a nice day, Dr. Rakesh Karanwal
People also viewed
- Will fansidar treat malaria prevention ?
- Emanzen forte pregnancy effects
- Side effects of fas 3 kit
- How to treat malaria
- What are the possible treatments for malaria
- Lexapro weight gain women
- Antibiotics used to treat malaria
- Long-term effects of paracetamol
- When to take minocycline
- Drugs to treat malaria
- Indulekha face oil side effects
- Adverse reactions to injections
- Furosemide when to take
- Storwas ez side effects
- Fibator ez side effects