Being treated for malaria with capquine. What is the duration of treatment? Can we have oral sex?
User rating for this question
My mate is currently being treated for malaria with capquine and he says some other abx. How long is treatment and can we have sex, more importantly oral sex?
Posted Thu, 12 Dec 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Karanwal 39 minutes later
Brief Answer: Malaria is not transmitted through sex/oral sex Detailed Answer: Hi Ms XXXXXXX Thanks for your query. Malaria is transmitted by two ways only :- * by a bite of an infected mosquito * Transfusion of blood from an infected individual. Therefore, physical contact, normal sex or even oral sex DOES NOT transmit the disease. The treatment with capquine is usually for 10-14 days. Hope I have addressed to your concerns to your complete satisfaction and you find my response helpful and informative. I will be happy to answer further queries, if any. Fond regards and have a nice day, Dr. Rakesh Karanwal
People also viewed
- Skin problems after tonsillectomy
- Will fansidar treat malaria prevention ?
- How to treat malaria
- What are the possible treatments for malaria
- Neopeptine pediatric use side effects
- Skin scales bleeding around hairline severe sunburn cancer
- Antibiotics used to treat malaria
- Drugs to treat malaria
- Nexito plus side effect weakness
- Side effects of neopride tablet
- Neuromet tablets side effects
- Sir my wife taking rabonik for ulcer treatment prescriped by
- Repeated swollen nodes in neck face and ear with pain
- Skin broke out in little bumps
- Neurokind plus side effects