Back pain, smelly urine, cannot move, athlete

my daughter is in florida in college shes 19 im her mom in nevada she is a athlete and is in so much pain her pee smells and her back is killing her to where she cant move!! she is 5'1 and 105 pds
Posted Thu, 19 Apr 2012 in Back Pain
Answered by Dr. Mohammed Tauseef 27 minutes later

Thank you for the Query.

I would like to know few more things which would help me in suggesting you better:

1.) Since how long is she having this Problem?
2.) Did she sustain any injury?
3.) Does she have burning sensation while passing urine?
4.) Does she have fever with chills?

Your History suggests she either has,

1.) Kidney stones
2.) Lumbar Spondylosis.
3.) Herniated Disc.

These have to be ruled out. Kindly get her examined by a Orthopedician and a Gynecologist so that he/she may examine her and suggest blood and urine work, along with X rays and CT9Computerised tomography) Scans to rule out the exact cause for her symptoms.

Once confirmed, the treatment will depend upon the cause, which may include antibiotics, Physical therapy, Analgesics.

Call her back to Nevada.

Let her follow these lifestyle modifications:

1.) Let her get adequate rest.
2.) If she smokes, she should quit.
3.) Eat healthy nutritious balanced diet which should include fresh fruits and XXXXXXX leafy vegetables.
4.) Drink plenty of water and maintain a healthy weight.
5.) Apply heat or cold packs where she is in more pain.
6.) She should avoid alcohol,coffee and citrus fruit juices.

Hope I have answered your Query, I will be available to answer your follow up Queries.

Wish her Good Health.

Take Care.

Best Regards,
Dr. Mohammed Tauseef.