Back pain, medicines ineffective. Advise for better treatment.

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Sir,my brother Mr. XXXXXXX he is 32years old.he is suffring back pain (very very painful) of near spinai left hand side beyond 1omonths.we had treated to many doctors but no releif to this pain.Latest we have taken treatment from RAJASTHAN HOSPITAL, Ahemdabad.He was admitted 10days in hospital and during this period all test are taken as X-RAY,MRI,SONOGRAPHY,BIOSPY AND,BLOOD TESTS etc.After all observation Dr. XXXXXXX Zaveri(neorologist) give some medicines as: 1. 4D tab 2. LEVOFLOX 750 tab 3. DOLONEX 20 DT CAP 4. L S XXXXXXX He is taking this above medicines from two monts but no effect and pain is increasing what can i do for my brother please advise to me therfore better treatment.
Posted Sat, 5 May 2012 in Back Pain
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 2 hours later

I can understand your concern regarding your brother.

I would be in a better position to understand your brother problem and form a better opinion if more details of your brother can be given. The investigation reports taken at the hospital and the discharge summary will be of immense help to me.

Hence, for a better opinion, I request you to upload all the investigation reports and discharge summary from the hospital in the box provided on the right side. After going through all the reports I will be able to suggest you better. You can alternatively mail me the reports I asked for to my attention (ATTN: Dr. Praveen Tayal) at YYYY@YYYY

Having said that, I do feel you should go for a follow up visit to your neurologist if he is not feeling better after continuous treatment.

In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.

Anticipating your response.

Dr. Praveen Tayal.