Back pain, breathing problems, taken Prilosec. Had acid reflux, H.pylori test done. Should I see a doctor?

I have a pain in my mid upper left back area, about the same level as the bottom of the rib cage but pain is all the way in my back. Im a big guy and It hurts when i breathe in and it is very sensitive and i cannot lay down on my left back side. Yesterday morning i took a prilosec for the first time because i suspect i have an ulcer. The actual pain in question started last night (same day as when i took the prilosec) immediately after i had ate dinner and still hurts this morning? Should i go into to see a doctor immediately?

Prior to this pain I have been having stomach pain and some irritation in my esohpagus from acid reflux and have been putting off going into the doctor to get an h ploryi bacteria test. Could the h ploryi be related.
just wanted to add, it hurts in the bottom of the left lung when i breathe in
Posted Wed, 23 May 2012 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Poorna Chandra K.S 1 hour later
Hi and thanks for the query
Given the history suggestive of reflux and the present symptoms there is a possibility of ulcer disease. H pylori is an important and a common cause of gastroduodenal ulcers.
However it is usually not associated with breathing restriction or inability to lie on that side. Splenic infarcts and splenic lesions can cause these. It can also be caused by either a sub or supradiaphgragmatic lesion like pus collection.
Hence go see your GP and get a good physical examination and chest xray / Ultrasound abdomen if required
Follow-up: Back pain, breathing problems, taken Prilosec. Had acid reflux, H.pylori test done. Should I see a doctor? 14 minutes later
About an hour before this pain i had also did some boxing exercise, is it possible i could have caused spleen damage from heavy exercise?
if i have had h ploryi in my system for a long period of time, can this cause the lesions on the spleen?
Answered by Dr. Poorna Chandra K.S 12 hours later
Hi and thanks for the information
H pylori does not affect the spleen. Splenic trauma can occur because of injury. Lets look at the CXR and USG abdomen.