Attacked by dog. No wounds. Took a dose of rabipur and TT injection. Safe?

Apr 2013

General Surgeon
hi,a street dog attacked me but i got no wounds no scratch not even any type of XXXXXXX then too i took a dose of rabipur and TT injection after 3 days of attack i.e on 30th XXXXXXX is that safe to take dose withuot any XXXXXXX or indication any that too after 3 day of attack.if it is safe when will be my next days for remaining dosage.....thankyou
Posted Sat, 20 Jul 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein 1 hour later
Hi and welcome to XXXXXXX Thank you for your query.

It is not necessary to take rabiput and TT after that kind of incidents. But if you already took it, it wont cause any consequances and it is safe. Very rarely it may cause certain allergic and autoimmune reactions.
Since there wasnt open wound, deep bite or scratch I wouldnt suggest to take any other dose,but if you arent sure if there was a bite and you want to be sure to get complete immunisation you should take 5 doses. if you took it 3 days after the incident,the next dose should be 3 days after the first one, then 7 days,14 and on 28. day after the first dose was taken.

WIsh you good health. If you have any questions I ll be glad to help. Regards