Ate crystallized ginger. Will it have side effects? Cause upset stomach? Activated charcoal help?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Hello, I ate about 1.5-2 oz. of crystallized ginger. Is this XXXXXXX and will it cause any side effects? I read online that such an amount can cause stomach upset. Would a tablet or two of activated charcoal help counter this?
Posted Tue, 1 May 2012 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 2 hours later
Taking excessive crystallized ginger can cause stomach upset and diarrhea. To counter its effect, taking activated charcoal can help you to some extent.
Usually the effect wanes off in 2-3 days. Some people do tolerate it well without showing any adverse effects.
Be careful to have a light easy to digest food and plenty of fluids orally to combat the symptoms.
I hope this answers your query effectively.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.