Asthma attack after physical activity, in cold weather, have low stamina, voice change, body bulging. Taking Asthalin and Rotocaps

Pulmonologist
Question
am (26 age-male-90 kg) asthma patient since 10yrs old in moderate level.I was being using asthalin inhaler200 often in hard times and daily consumes rotacap 200 simplyone
-started rotacaps on 2006
-started inhaler 0n 1997
-after 8-10 hrs starts asthma on the basis of last rotacaps consumed duration so without caps....
-when ever I runs/jogging/staircase/cold climate/early morning/ starts asthma
-very very low stamina
-NOw MY voice has been changed drastically(heavy bass) and even affects the communication.When ever I talks ,no one can understand. It affects heavily in business
-Body bulgening
Posted Mon, 21 May 2012 in Asthma and Allergy

Answered by Dr. Gyanshankar Mishra 4 hours later

Thanks of posting the query on XXXXXXX

After going through your query, I would like to comment the following:

1. You seem to be suffering from Bronchial asthma.

2. Your asthma symptoms are uncontrolled at present.

3. You need to get yourself evaluated in detail from a Pulmonologist. Your current treatment seems sub optimal.

4. Clinical evaluation includes-Clinical examination, chest xray, serum IgE levels, pulmonary function test.

5. After getting evaluated your treatment needs to be tailored as per your findings.

6. The following medications might be prescribed to you after evaluation - Inhaled medication - metered dose inhaler (Formoterol + Budesonide 400 mg 2 puff twice daily ) with transpacer - v , Oral bronchodilator (Eg. Tb. doxiflo (doxophylline) 400 mg twice a day).

7. In addition to the above other medications can be added as per your disease severity.

8. Your current voice change seems to be due to cold freon effect. Please rinse your mouth with water after use of rotacaps.

9. Please aim for weight reduction.

10. In addition yearly flu vaccination will be of help to you. Please consult your physician regarding this.

Thus you need to get yourself evaluated by a Pulmonologist and get your treatment optimised at the earliest.

I hope I have answered your query. I will be glad to answer follow up queries if any.
Please accept my answer if you have no follow up queries.

Dr. Gyanshankar Mishra
MBBS MD DNB

Follow-up: Asthma attack after physical activity, in cold weather, have low stamina, voice change, body bulging. Taking Asthalin and Rotocaps 2 days later
I am more focus on voice-it is very difficult to communicate for day to day life.any solution?

I am utterly disturbed with daily medicine consumption.
Will it be better choice to shift to ayurvedic with out any side effects.if yes,which specialist from surat city would be most preferable?

which breath exercise will be most suitable to yield stamina?

I would like to know the side effects of simplyone rotacaps at this stage?

Answered by Dr. Gyanshankar Mishra 25 minutes later

Thanks for the follow up.

1. You need to start warm saline gargles.

2. As I have suggested previously, you need to shift on Metered dose inhaler rather then continuing with current rotacaps.

3. You need to visit a Pulmonologist for the same.

4. Your hoarseness of voice , if it does not subside within 4 to 5 days, then you need to see an ENT specialist.

5. I would recommend you not shift on alternative forms of medicine at present.

6. In asthma, you can do slow and XXXXXXX breathing exercises. Please do not do rapid breathing exercises.

7. Simply one rotacaps does not have any major side effects since the dose of the drugs in it is very minimum. However to prevent the particle deposition in upper airways, you need to rinse your mouth after each and every use.

8. Specialists from Surat:

ENT specialists:
WWW.WWWW.WW
Dr. XXXXXXX XXXXXXX ,
Surat, Gujarat

Dr. V M Bharolia ,
Surat, Gujarat

DR XXXXXXX H Shah
+(91)-(261)-0000
+(91)-0000, 0000
2ND Floor, XXXXXXX Building, Opposite J K Tower & Sub Jail, Ring Road, Surat - 0000

Pulmonologist:
Dr. XXXXXXX Gami,
Surat

Dr. XXXXXXX Shah
102, Vishwakarma Chambers, Majura gate, ring road, Surat
Ph 0000

Dr. Gyanshankar Mishra
MBBS MD DNB