Are reddish palms, soles of the feet and heels as well as a flushed face signs of allergy?

My heels and soles of my feet are red and hurting. Also my palms.
About 4 weeks age I kept getting a red flushed face, was told it was allergies. Now this is happening with my hands and feet and I don't think it is allergies.
Posted Wed, 11 Apr 2012 in Asthma and Allergy
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 3 hours later

Thanks for your query,

Pain and redness in the palms and soles are very typical signs of allergy,the symptom do happen all over the body but felt early in palms , sole and face as they are XXXXXXX in blood supply and retain blood for longer time due to there fibrous and fatty build up(palms and soles).The allergic mediators tend to stay longer in such tissues.

The reason for the allergy should be determined by you , by a detailed survey over the products and things you go through every day specially since you started having symptoms.

Take Tab Benadryl once daily for three days after food in the night and observe the symptoms , if you see any relief then the diagnosis is confirmed.Also deficiency of Vitamins do produce such undesired effects in palms and soles do consume multivitamin supplements, it will help.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any follow up queries I will be available to answer them.
Follow-up: Are reddish palms, soles of the feet and heels as well as a flushed face signs of allergy? 1 hour later
do you think it could be something else besides an allergy?
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 1 hour later
Hi again,

Thanks for following me up,

Well in you ( based on the history ) i can think of some causes like:
1)Isolated Vit B2 defeciency
4)Contact dermatitis.

For the above causes i do not have a strong base but on examination one can rule out or confirm amongst the mentioned causes.