Are medicine clomid and ovamid same in action?

Pediatrician, Infectious Diseases
ovamid?Hi i orderd clomid online as i am trying to concieve i recieved ovamid instead they are small yellow pills they say clomifene tablets BP 25mg they have a blue and red strip down the left side of the pack and they say manufactured by fortune health care, are they safe to consume?
Posted Wed, 2 Jan 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Hema Yadav 1 hour later
Both clomid and ovamid have the same medicine in the form of Clomifene Citrate. The difference is in the brand(company) name only and both will most probably produce same effect. However please remember that clomiphene is an ovulation inducing agent and neither of these drugs should be taken without prescription.
It's advisable to consume the ovamid you have purchased only if you have been prescribed clomid by your doctor . The dosage would be the same if ovamid 25 is taken instead clomid 25.
I am not 100% sure if this brand of Clomiphene is legit in your country so do consult your doctor before consuming it.
As for safety both are unsafe without prescription and have similar safety profile under supervision.
Hope I have answered your query.
Kindly accept my answer if you have no further queries.
Wishing you all the best.