Are lymph nodes present on the elbow? Feeling of bone sticking out. Have lost weight

General Surgeon
Question
Do you have lymph nodes on the elbow it feels like a bone is sticking out on the outside of my elbow can that be from loss off over 200 lbs. Would it be a lymph node or stuck out bone it feels like a bone is sticking out and its hard and
Posted Sat, 6 Apr 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints

Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 11 minutes later
Hello!

Thank you for the query.

There is no lymph node on the outside of the elbow. No way to find there lymph nodes.
What you do feel there is a bone, precisely the part called Olecranon. This bone can be invisible at obese persons (it gets covered by fatty tissue) and yes it could appear after body weight loss.
It is hard in touch and not movable.
There is nothing to worry about.

Hope this will help. Feel free to ask further questions.
Regards.

Follow-up: Are lymph nodes present on the elbow? Feeling of bone sticking out. Have lost weight 3 minutes later
Also I have been under stress and increased my smoking to a lot more than usual and was smoking the cigarettes faster prolly one and a half packs a day can that cause a throat infection and lead to sore throat and a little runny nose

Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 3 minutes later
Hello!

Yes it can. Smoking causes immunologic stress in the respiratory tract and leads to chronic inflammation of the mucosa which do covers it. So throat infection as well as runny nose can appear.
Moreover, stress itself affects immune system and can make you prone to infections, so it can be as a result of stress, not smoking only.

Hope this will help.
Regards.

Follow-up: Are lymph nodes present on the elbow? Feeling of bone sticking out. Have lost weight 6 minutes later
Last one after the surgery I have ecvess skin cause of the weight loss and usually get purplish red marks on my belt line is that common when u wear a belt to tight is that a lymph node or blood blister

Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 8 minutes later
Most likely this red marks is blood from ruptured small skin veins. It can appear due to compression of the skin by the belt. No lymph nodes in the belt area as well. The closest lymph nodes are in the groins, but lymph nodes do not get purplish.

Hope this will help.
Regards.