Are O+ blood type people prone to earning disabilities and depression?

Excellent

Psychiatrist
Question
Hi. How are you? Is it true that people with the O+ blood type tend to be more prone to learning disabilities and depression?
Posted Tue, 25 Jun 2013 in Mental Health

Answered by Dr. Nehal Shah 2 hours later
Thanks for using healthcare magic.

There is no direct link dentified betweel O positive blood group and learning disabilities or depression yet.

There are biopschosocial model projected for both disorder as a causative factors. Among biological causes, heriditary causes, genetic links, intrauterine factors have been identified. There are neuro transmitters like serotonin, dopamine or acetyl choline etc and their disregulations may be the main causes.

I hope I have addressed your concern.

Feel free to revert to me in case if you have any query.

Thanks.

Follow-up: Are O+ blood type people prone to earning disabilities and depression? 4 minutes later
what you mean by "there's no direct link identified between O positive blood group and learning disabilities or depression yet. "? you mean there'll be a direct link identified between them in the future? what are intrauterine factors?

Answered by Dr. Nehal Shah 1 hour later
Thanks for reverting to me.

There is no direct link between O positive blood group and depression or learning disorders till date.
We can not predict the future whether there will be link or not as scientific research is continuous, ongoing process.

There is some study going on to identify the relations of psychiatric disorder and blood group but it is too early to predict.

Intrauterine factors include fetal exposure to nicotine, or illicit drugs, injury, ante partum hemorrhage , poor nutrition etc.

I hope I have addressed your concern.

Thanks.