Any chances of pregnancy despite taking contraceptive within 4 hours after unprotected sex?

Excellent

Question
my periods ended on 28th December.I had unprotected sex on 31st December.I then took unwanted 72 within 4 hours of unprotected sex. today is 8th January and I already got my period.am I pregnant? do I need to see a gynecologist
Posted Tue, 28 Jan 2014 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Rakesh Karanwal 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Chances of pregnancy are practically NIL Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXXXX Thanks for your query. 1. Pregnancy occurs ONLY WHEN the male sperm fertilizes with the female egg (present in the uterus). 2. Female egg- produced by the ovaries- is released only ONCE in a month, during ovulation and it then travels to the uterus, where it remains alive for only about 24 hours. 3. In a female with regular cycles (28/5), ovulation takes place around 14 days from DAY 1 of the previous period. 4. You had unprotected sex on Day 8 from the previous period, when there was NO EGG in the uterus. Hence, chances of pregnancy were nil. Yet you took Unwanted 72, which is highly effective in preventing pregnancy. In reality, you did NOT require Unwanted 72. 5. Unwanted 72 contains very high doses of female hormones, which prevent pregnancy by grossly altering female hormonal balance. This results in periods prematurely. Hence, THERE IS NOTHING TO WORRY ABOUT : CHANCES OF YOUR BEING PREGNANT ARE PRACTICALLY NIL. SO, JUST RELAX. Take due precautions in future, instead of throwing off your hormonal levels off rails! Hope I have addressed to your concerns to your complete satisfaction and you find my response helpful and informative. I will be happy to answer further queries, if any. Take care, Col (Dr.) Rakesh Karanwal

Follow-up: Any chances of pregnancy despite taking contraceptive within 4 hours after unprotected sex? 6 minutes later
he did ejaculate inside though.

Answered by Dr. Rakesh Karanwal 19 minutes later
Brief Answer: Possibility of pregnancy : NIL Detailed Answer: Well, XXXXXXX It makes no difference if your bf ejaculated inside you. Sperms die within 24-36 hours. There was no female egg in the uterus. Don't worry; just chill! Dr. Rakesh Karanwal

Follow-up: Any chances of pregnancy despite taking contraceptive within 4 hours after unprotected sex? 5 hours later
the period flow is very less as compared to the normal flow. is this worrisome

Answered by Dr. Rakesh Karanwal 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Less flow is not worrisome. Detailed Answer: Less flow is not at all worrisome. To reassure yourself and kill the issue once for all, you may do Pregnancy test around 15th XXXXXXX A negative test will rule out pregnancy conclusively. Dr. Rakesh Karanwal