Any ayurvedic or allopathic medicines for frequent sneezing and running nose?

Hello, I usually get allergy every two-three months and start sneezing 4-5 times continuously with running nose. If I dont take medicine like cetrizine within few hours then I get colds, blocked nose and possibly fever. 1) I just take 1 tab and it immediately suppress the allergy. Is it safe taking it? 2) Is there any other ayurvedic/allopatic medicines to help me out? 3) Why this happens? 4) I have notice this happens when I go to Railway stations and other crowded places. Also, I have noticed this happens in office where there is no open air and AC are installed. Please suggest.
Posted Sun, 2 Mar 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Manjeth Kumar G 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Allergic Rhinitis. Avoid aggravating factors. Anti Detailed Answer: Hello, I have gone through your query and understand your concern. All these problems are due to your Allergic Rhinitis. Rhinitis is nothing but a inflammation of the nose and this may lead to sneezing, a blocked or congested nose, a watery discharge (runny nose), and an itchy nose. This problems are due to allergy to Outdoor allergens like Pollens (trees, grasses, ragweed and weeds, mold spores. Because you get these symptoms most often while you are in out door. If it is associated with fever and especially that occur in seasonal during late spring and early summer. Then it might be a HAY FEVER due to pollen in plants and tress. 1. Yes. You can take AntiHistamine tablets like Cetrizine or Hydroxizine when ever these symptoms. You would not get side effects as you are taking these tablets occasionaly. 2. AntiHistamines are usual treatment. If the symptom is not controllable, then we can add steroid to Antihistamines. 3. As i already explained, these are due to Allergy to common allegens in environment. Try to avoid the dusty and crowded places. Take Antihistamine spray or tablet on initial symptoms of the episode. If you fell this is annoying, then you need skin allergy testing by Patch test to find the cause. Usually this is not helpful in case of Outdoor allergens. Hope this helps. Please write back for further queries. Wishing you good health.
Follow-up: Any ayurvedic or allopathic medicines for frequent sneezing and running nose? 20 minutes later
What I an do to increase my immunity against it? I mean preventive steps?
Answered by Dr. Manjeth Kumar G 7 hours later
Brief Answer: Difficult. But you can try to avoid outside activi Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for your reply. Prevention of allergic rhinitis is not always easy. It is difficult to spot the allergen especially if it is outdoor allergen. There are few steps of prevention and it may help some or not based on your activities and lifestyle. Try to going outside in early morning as pollen counts are highest at that time. Whenever possible try to spend time in clean air conditioner room. Avoid outside activities with trees, grasses, weeds, or molds. Clean your air conditioners filters regularly. Avoid pets in home and in your work place. Try to keep automatic closing doors in home so that you can avoid the unknown exposure to allergen. Do not have any tour or visiting park in blooming season. Hope this helps. Please write back for further queries. Wishing you good health.