Anxiety, feel uneasy with unwanted thoughts. Taking Alprazolam and Sertraline.

Hello sir , Iam 42 years old/5 feet 4inch/72 kg.
my problem is i am suffering from anxiety since last 3 years and feel un easy with unwanted thoughts ,taking medicines as prescribed by doctors like alprazolam, sertraline
Posted Sat, 5 May 2012 in Anxiety and Stress
Answered by Dr. Mitaly 33 minutes later

Generalised Anxiety disorder is a psychological state and is a feeling of apprehension,fear,stress etc.There are medications which help in overcoming the symptoms but along with that I would encourage you to do some things which would help you in coming out of the situation and help to a large extent.

You can also try Cognitive behavioral therapy.This will help you a lot.
If we think something often enough, we begin to believe it's true and our feelings match what we are thinking about ourselves. To conquer depression, we must stop those automatic negative thoughts and replace them with more positive, truthful ones.

1) Focus on getting a healthy night of sleep each night.

2) Eat a well balanced diet.

3) Exercise daily - it is extremely important in anxiety management.

4) Consider doing yoga,meditation exercises daily.

5) Surround yourself with supportive friends and family.

6.) Decrease sugar intake in your diet.

7.) Indulge in some interesting hobbies.

8) Listen to music XXXXXXX friends and avoid being alone.

You can also discuss with your treating Physician regarding the dose adjustment if required along with Counselling sessions which are really helpful to an extent.

Hope this answers your query.I will be available for follow up query if any.