Annual report showed Fatty lever, high triglyceride and fissure in lungs. Heavy smoker and feels burning sensation

Rev Sir,
My annual medical report says Fatty lever grade-II and horizontal fissure is prominent in lungs. Also pleural thickening. Aorta unfounded. I am heavy smoker for 35 yrs. My age is 55. My body weight is much larger 100 kgs. I feel burning sensation during evening for a short period.

And, foremost, Sir, smoking(cigarette) is eating me away. I am trying hard for leaving smoke but failed untill. Also I failed to loose my weight. Sir, I am on heavy drugs for a long long time(nearly 25 yrs). Hence, my life is synthetic in totality. I, myself, wonder how I am still alive. My triglyceride is much high.
Posted Thu, 4 Jul 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Imraan Hussain 1 hour later

Thanks for your query

I can feel your concerns and sorry to read all that about your ailments. But good thing is that you know why is all happening .

Lets talk in steps regarding your treatment.
1. First you need to convince yourself that you have to reduce weight.
- Do eat only twice a day. No oily things, fast food or soft drinks, sugar etc.
- Take green tea with lemon.
2. Do walk for 40 minutes.
3. Smoking can only be left with your will power. You can consider visiting a psychologist if you find it extremely difficult. I am sure with few sessions, you will be able to quit.
4. For fatty live take statins and fibrates after consulting your doctor.

Hope I have answered your query, If you have any other query , I will be happy to help you.

Wishing you a speedy recovery