Am pregnant. Want to know about yoga or physical exercises to prepare for normal delivery

May 2013
I'm 26 weeks pregnant and my EDD is 10th Oct 2012. I want to know about the yoga or physical exercises which I can do daily so that I can prepare myself normal delivery. I used to practice yoga when I wan not pregnant. Also now I walk for 15 mins after lunch and 25-30 mins after dinner.
Posted Sun, 22 Jul 2012 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 2 hours later

the chances of normal delivery depends on,
the type of pelvis,
the proportion of the head of the baby and pelvis etc.

during pregnancy some amount of relaxation of pelvic joints occur which will help in normal delivery,

excessive weight not only causes increased incidence of operative deliveries and also lead to complications like pre-eclampsia, diabetes etc in pregnancy,
so keeping and control on weight is good,
the total increasing in the weight during pregnancy to be around 10 to 12kgs,

to maintain this and to maintain pelvic joints mobility you can follow things like,
-continue walking as you are doing,
-do yoga with postures witch are mainly related to pelvic muscles and joints, these differ from trimester to trimester,
reference: WWW.WWWW.WW
remember before going for exercises you have to inform to your doctor, and whatever you do that should be comfortable to your body,
if you experience pain, leaking per vaginum, bleeding per vaginum etc features during or after exercises you stop immediately and consult your doctor.

along with these you have to take good nutritious food and have to maintain your hemoglobin, blood pressure and blood sugar etc in control.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.