Am I at high risk of getting STD or HIV while receiving oral sex?

Excellent
Question
are my chances great to get std or hiv recieving oral sex im a male
Posted Mon, 21 May 2012 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 6 hours later
First and foremost, You need to know that Sex with every person does not cause HIV (even in case of sex workers, she has to be infected before she can pass it on to you).

Even in case a person has sex with a infected person, the chances of contracting the infection would be as follows.
A. Female-to-male transmission is 0.04% per act - both for oral sex and vaginal sex‎
B. Male-to-female transmission is 0.08% per act. ‎

Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Regards.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.

Follow-up: Am I at high risk of getting STD or HIV while receiving oral sex? 1 hour later
i was mostly wondering about recieving oral sex can i get std what are my chances i am a male

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 4 hours later
Hello.
Thanks for writing again.
On recieving an oral sex, your chances of getting STDs are present. Although the chances are low but are definitely there. It is best to avoid unprotected sex to avoid STDs.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.
Regards.