Advised to take novelon for one month, ovaforce and folimet. Took novelon for long time. Missed period. Could I be pregnant?

Excellent
Question
my doctor adviced me to take novelon for 1month ,ovaforce and folimet for 3 months.bymistakenly I took novelon also 2 months continuesly.I am late by 15 days in period.whether I can be pregnant for which I have been waiting from a long Time.I am 27 year old
Posted Thu, 21 Nov 2013 in Menstruation and Miscarriage

Answered by Dr. Arif N Khan 11 minutes later
Brief Answer: If you are on pills its unlikely to be pregnant Detailed Answer: Hi, Thank you for choosing XXXXXXX Novelon tablet contains combined oestrogen and progesterone it acts as a contraceptive method also. Its rare to become pregnant if you are on novelon pills. This cyclical drugs are given for shrinkage of simple ovarian cysts. As your period is delayed by 15 days, I advise you to get a urine pregnancy test done to confirm pregnancy. Kindly reply me few questions so that I can guide you further: How are your previous periods, are they regular? Mention its frequency and duration of menstrual cycle.. What is the ovarian cyst size? What is your married life period? and sine when you are tring for baby? Please ask if you have more questions. Awaiting your response, Arif

Follow-up: Advised to take novelon for one month, ovaforce and folimet. Took novelon for long time. Missed period. Could I be pregnant? 19 minutes later
It's for 28 days..last period on sep19. It's been 45 days . Till yesterday I took medicine from Sep 21.it s been 5 years got married....periods are regular...its a very small cist and she told that it will be cleared by next month Could you please answer this..I don't know abt the size of cist Sry my last period on Aug 19

Answered by Dr. Arif N Khan 17 hours later
Brief Answer: Kindly do a UPT Detailed Answer: Hi, Thank you for the reply... After analyzing your history, I suggest you to get a urine pregnancy test-UPT, then accordingly treatment is planned. If it is positive then you can continue the pregnancy and get a early scan done to know its exact location of pregnancy. If the pregnancy test is negative then i advise you to get examined by an OBGY specialist, you may be given progesterone tablets for withdrawal bleeding. As you are already married for 5 years I also advise few important investigations if not done earlier: Semen analysis, Tubal patency test. Kindly speak with your doctor for Ovulation induction with clomiphene citrate and IUI-intra uterine insemination for early conception. Please ask if you have more questions. If you are satisfied, please make sure that your ACCEPT my answer so that I receive credit. Good luck!!

Follow-up: Advised to take novelon for one month, ovaforce and folimet. Took novelon for long time. Missed period. Could I be pregnant? 38 minutes later
Thankyou doctor result is negative and she told to stop all the medicines for a month completely and later starting of treatment.when I asked abt iui she told that there is no need to go to that and will use medicine for 1-2 months..which will be fine as per your view

Answered by Dr. Arif N Khan 7 minutes later
Brief Answer: Ovulation induction and IUI is best Detailed Answer: Hi, Thank you for the follow up question, definitely you can try medicines for natural conception, but considering your age and married life of 5 years I personally feel you should go ahead with ovulation induction and IUI. Kindly get a semen analysis of your husband and atleast tubal patency test before you try further. All the best. Hope you get conceived soon. God bless you..