Acute back pain and urinary problems. Been prescribed with morphine sulphate. Not helped. Lymphnodes in pelvic area. Help?

my dad has had acute back pain and urinary problems for more than a month. he has seen a urologist, had mri, radioactive scan, liver specialist and is still in chronic pain. it always seems to happen at night around 10pm and stops him sleeping but it does leave in the daytime for the most part. he has been presicribed with morphine sulphate/oralmorph and a nerve drug but nothing helps. the docs do not know what it is and he is not coping with the pain. he had cancer in bowel and liver as specified in history and after treatment it returned in both areas and has moved into his lymphnodes in the pelvic area
Posted Mon, 2 Jul 2012 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 5 hours later
I understand your query and concern. Sorry to hear about ur dad.
I looked at his history and the treatment given.
The cause of pain could be
1.     Involvement of the back bones due to cancer spread.
2.     Involvement of the nerves of the posterior abdominal wall.
3.     Infiltration of the mesentry of the bowel.
The dose of morphine can be increased and pain killers of other groups can be added (like NSAID, antidepressants).
There are special pain clinics in UK and u may seek their help.
Hope I answered your query.
Kindly get back for doubts, if any.