Active person bloated, fatigued and gaining weight. Why is there pain under rib cage, back pain?

Question
I am a very active person eat well I have gained 12 lbs in the last couple of weeks very bloated and I get this pain under my right rib cage gallbladder was ruled out. Right hip pain lower back pain some cramping and most of all I feel very fatigue no energy at all
Posted Fri, 1 Jun 2012 in Abdominal Pain

Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 33 minutes later

Before I opine on your problem I would like to know how was the gall bladder pathology ruled out ?

Though the low back ache is not related to the gall bladder problem, I wish to know whether you have undergone an ultrasound scan done.

If you have undergone the scan do please attach the report here.

Anticipating your response,

Follow-up: Active person bloated, fatigued and gaining weight. Why is there pain under rib cage, back pain? 6 minutes later
I had a ultra sound done to see checkout gallbladder, I just hats feeling bloated I look pregnant which I am not all I have done is Ultra sound
Follow-up: Active person bloated, fatigued and gaining weight. Why is there pain under rib cage, back pain? 21 minutes later
I don't have a copy of report

Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 53 minutes later

Thanks for writing back.

I too would not suspect the gall bladder being involved.I just wish to ascertain whether a pelvic ultrasound scan was done.

The problem you have is related to pelvic structures the uterus or ovaries.Also the symptoms you have are usually presented when there is a tumour involved.

I suggest you to get an Abdominopelvic Ultrasound scan done as early as possible.The scan will clearly identify the exact problem.

Do consult a Gynaecologist with the scan report for early management.

Hope I answered all your questions. Please use any answer clarification before closing and rating this answer. I will be happy to explain or expand on any issue you may have.

Wish you good health.