Accidentally tool heavy dosage of sudafed. What can be done to counter the side effects?

I am a male, 42 years old and have accidentally taken 2 tablets of sudafed (60mg) for congestion when the dose said take one. I have not had any other drugs in the last 24 hours or so. Do I need to do anything or just ensure I leave plenty of time before the next dose (each dose should be taken upto every 4 hours upto 4 times daily)?
Posted Thu, 6 Jun 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Omer 1 hour later

As you have said that you are having flu and you took Pseudoephedrine(SUDAFED)60 mg/

You need to take Immediate release: 60 mg every 4-6 hours; maximum dose: 240 mg/day

But if you have taken 2 tablets by mistake then nothing to worry about as it will get out of your system in 1-3 hrs

But there will be difficulty to sleep , a little bit of anxiety , palpitation will be there but will go away in 1-3 hours and take the next dose after 6 hrs and then after 4 hrly.

In the end I would say NOTHING TO WORRY about just adhere with your doctor advice

I hope this helps , and will calm you down.

Take care,