Accidentally got hit in the vein on thigh. Getting tingling sensation. Easy way to get cure?

I accidentally hit the main vein in my thigh when administering an epi-pen. I have had a large bruise for over a week and it has begun tingling and throbbing when I lay down or prop my legs up. Why would this be happening a week latter?
Posted Sat, 25 May 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 3 hours later
Although such type of bruises tend to go away in a weeks time but sometimes,it Maty take more time,if bruise is big enough.
Accidental injuries like this can sometimes cause local pus collection or phlebitis or cellulitis.
If there is no raised swelling there or local redness and hotness there,it rules out abscess formation.
If there is no tight cord like structure there with local pain,it rules out phlebitis.
If there is no local redness along with fluid collection,it rules out cellulitis.
Presence of any of above signs requires a visit to to the doctor.
But idps there is nothing of above mentioned signs and symptoms,then you can relax,apply ice locally and wait for few days more.
In case it still doesn't resolve,even after 3 more days of icing,you are advised to consult your doctor for physical examination.
I hope it helps however you may revert to me for any further query.
Best of luck