Abnormal gap smears, cone biopsy. Nervous for essure procedure. How will the coils in the tubes be put?

I'm kind of nervous to get the Essure procedure done on the 25th. I have had abnormal pap smears 3 times now and have had a cone biopsy and 2 leeps done. With my labor and delivery in October my cervix wouldnt open and it was very high up and it made the doctor finding if i was even dilated hard. How are they going to put coils in my tubes easily if my cervix is that high up?
Posted Fri, 6 Jul 2012 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 12 hours later

The Essure is a procedure conducted in Operation theatre with facilities to provide you local anaesthesia like paracervical block to over come the pain of cervical dilatation.

Also there are hygroscopic tents called Laminaria tents which swell up after absorbing water.These tents are placed in the cervix hours before the surgery which will cause slow dilatation of the cervix with very minimal discomfort.

Do discuss with your gynecologist about the above methods and sort out which would suit you better.

Hope I answered your query.

Wish you good health.