Abdominal pain during sex. What is going on?

yes doctor i was just having sex with my gf and she has sharp pain in her abdomen all the way up to her chest??? what is going on? i'm freaking out we were doing doggystyle. I think it was too rough and i hit her cervix
Posted Fri, 20 Apr 2012 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 2 hours later
A sharp pain in the abdomen while having sex could be due to a pelvic inflammation or uterine fibroid.
If there is any associated vaginal discharge or bleeding after intercourse then vaginal infection like chlamydia is also likely.
This is worthwhile having checked. Either your GP or a doctor at the local family planning clinic might be able to help you.
Your friend needs a simple vaginal examination plus swabs to be sent to a lab in the first instance. The results will then indicate the treatment.
If all turns out to be normal then it might be related to the shape and position of her uterus so if she finds other positions are more comfortable then she should stick to those.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.