6 year child having history of seizures. Drinking mountain dew soda. Getting moody and crying a lot. Solution?

my 6 yo grandson who has a history of seizures has been visiting his father for last 3 weeks.
he tells me all he is drinking is 2 mountain dew soda per day 16oz per. now he is home for a week and is crashing and moody and crying alot. connection? dangerous? ill advised?
what can i use to stop his father from allowing him to dtrink mountain dew. i believe that this boarders on abuse. we are in a custody battle and things like this are formost in my mind,
Posted Tue, 14 Aug 2012 in Epilepsy
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 9 hours later

I do not consider the drinking of the Beverage (Mountain dew ) is anywhere a reason for the child's changed behaviour.

The more amount of sugar in the beverage may sometimes trigger episodes of seizures in an epileptic kid but rarely cause any emotional or behavioural derangement.

I would ask you to put light on the treatment the kid is receiving in his dad's house.I consider a child counsellor would be able to find out the exact cause after his interaction with the child.

I would be here to help you if you have any doubts to be cleared.