5 months post 4th c-section, tubal ligation. Brown discharge after periods, tingling in vagina. Why is it ?

I am 5 months post 4th c-section and tubal ligation. I had my period about a week ago and am now having brown discharge for about 2 days and a stinging feeling in my vagina. I took an at home UTI test and it was negative.
Posted Wed, 18 Jul 2012 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by Dr. Chandra Shekhar Sharma 1 hour later

Welcome to XXXXXXX

It is possible that during your last menstrual period, your entire endometrial lining didn't came out completely and the remnant is coming out.

But as you are feeling stinging feeling in vagina, thus it can also be a symptom of medical concern.

PID, STD, Vaginal Warts, cervical cancer etc. can also cause brownish discharge.

As you require examination and some investigations like Colposcopy, Pap smear etc., should consult a Gynecologist at your earliest.

Mean while you can apply Candid vaginal cream twice daily and can take some analgesic anti-inflammatory tablet.

If you have further query in this regard, please feel free to ask.

With good wishes,