49 years old. Have pcos, tingling sensation and diarrhea. Found raised sugar level. Premenopause?

Question
I am 49 and had my last period on the 24 dec 12, and so far have not come on! I was diagonosed with psoc in 2009. At present i have a tingling pulling sensation on my left hand side. I had a complete health check at a bupa hospital and all bloods were ok accept for raised sugar level 7.12 and also my cholestral was 5.6 I have also been feeling very low in my moods almost at the same time that my period should have arrived. I have been worrying about what the results would bring and almost working myself into a frenzy. During this week I have not been wanting my food as I normally enjoy and have been having loose bowl movements. This no blood in my stools. I am just wanting this feeling to go away! Don't know if is all part of going through the peri menipause! You help and advise will be very much appreciated. XXXXXXX
Posted Sat, 23 Feb 2013 in Menstruation and Miscarriage

Answered by Dr. Nilofer AR 36 minutes later

Your symptoms of anxiety, diarrhea, and depression are due to hormonal imbalance in perimenopause.

I recommend you to get an ultrasonography for endometrial thickness.
Get a hormonal profile done.

Treatment would be to
1. Start HRT(diet,
3. Moderate exercise,
4. Rest and relaxation.

Hope this helps. You could ask me anytime for further clarifications.

Dr Nilofer

Follow-up: 49 years old. Have pcos, tingling sensation and diarrhea. Found raised sugar level. Premenopause? 14 hours later
Thank you for your kind reply and advise!
That's sounds worrying about looking for endometrial thickness - what would they be looking for?
By getting a hormone profile done what will tell me?
Many thanks
XXXXXXX

Answered by Dr. Nilofer AR 8 minutes later
Thanks for writing back.

PCOS patients are more prone to endometrial hyperplasia ( an increase in the thickness of the lining of the uterus) and complications associated with it.

If ET is more than 4mm, then we usually opt for a hysteroscopic guided biopsy which is the best test to find out what really is going on.

Hormonal status like FSH, LH, S.testosterone will give an idea about severity of PCOS.
It will also show if you are nearing your menopause.

Hope I have answered all your queries. You can write to me anytime for further clarifications to the link below:
WWW.WWWW.WW
Dr Nilofer

Follow-up: 49 years old. Have pcos, tingling sensation and diarrhea. Found raised sugar level. Premenopause? 1 hour later
Thank you again.
Because I have only just missed my period and the fact it has only been last week that I started with this feeling!! I am now worried it may be cancer. My periods have always mostly regular ie 25 days but on the old time it may have gone to 30 dys and then the next month may be a little earlier then after that gets back to normal.
I had a miscarriage in XXXXXXX 2009 and went into hospital who gave me d& c to make XXXXXXX that everything was sorted probably.

Answered by Dr. Nilofer AR 49 minutes later
Thanks for writing back.
You need not worry since you have missed your cycles only by 10 days. These menstrual changes are very common in perimenopausal group.

Chances of cancer are minimal. ET is a screening method to detect any changes at an earlier stage.
So relax.

Hope I have answered all your queries. You can write to me directly for further clarifications. The link is
WWW.WWWW.WW
regards,
Dr Nilofer